Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

OTL can not run

• Please log in to reply

Suus

Suus

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi,

Maybe you can help me with the next issue; I downloaded OTL to the desktop as well as in a folder, I tried to run OTL several times but it keep sending me this application error with the red cross. Something about "software (0x0eedfade) on location 0x7c7e2afb"
So I ran Mbam, Eset online, tried to run OTL in safe mode...but nothing works for me
:unsure:
Does anyone have an idea how I can run this tool?

Thank you!

Advertisements

Suus

Suus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Sorry, this is the wrong section, I posted my question again here:
http://www.geekstogo..._1#entry2165018

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 5,958 posts
Hi Suus,

Welcome to Geeks to go! :)

Sorry for the delay in responding. There's a strong possibility that the cause of this error is that there will be some problem with the program you're trying to load. The most common issue is that "Internet Explorer" will have third party plugins which are not loading correctly. In order to resolve the problem, you first need to disable any of the third-party plugins which your Internet Explorer application may have.

In the IE browser Menu bar, please click on Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab then use the little scroll bar to find Enable Third Party Browser Extensions in the list and click to uncheck that option. Reboot your computer and try to run OTL from the desktop again.

If you do have success with OTL, please post the logs in your other thread >>HERE<<. Do not post the logs in this thread.

Thank you.

Donna :)

EDIT: I see you found your thread. Please follow instructions above to see if that helps. If not, please be patient, someone will be along in due time to help you in the Security forum.

Edited by DonnaB, 07 June 2012 - 01:10 AM.