Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with youtube playback on chrome and firefox.

• Please log in to reply

makihige

makihige

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, This is Alex from the Philippines. Just yesterday, I've noticed something odd while viewing videos on youtube. The quality of the videos appear to be blurry like that of a low megapixel camera phone recording and the audio quality has been very bad. I've tried to clear the cache on chrome and later on re-installed it but the problem still persisted. Then I've tried using firefox and the results were still the same. Even if i set the videos on HD, the video quality would improve a little bit but the audio quality is still terrible. Best way to describe it is that the audio sounds like it had been recorded using a very old voice recorder. I've tried to ask help from the youtube help page but the recommendations are 1. clear browser cache, and 2. check the stability of the internet connection. I my internet connection is really unstable because it is only a portable USB modem though i use a desktop. But the weird part of it all is that i only encounter this problem on youtube videos and when i view in sites such as dailymotion and crunchyroll.com, the video quality is perfectly fine. i just want to ask from you guys what is the cause of the problem because i'am no computer expert and i really have no idea how to solve this problem. Thanks again.

Advertisements

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
Never heard this problem before... but here goes:

Try this video at 720p or higher. The video should be clear.

Then try this or this at the highest quality settings. The audio should not be distorted. If you don't know what it should sound like, watch it on another device.

If you still have problems:

First, try playing the videos with Internet Explorer.

Lower both the system volume and the YouTube player volume to about 50%. Visit this link. If it shows "Join the HTML5 trial" at the bottom, do nothing. If it shows "Leave the HTML5 trial", click it. Try again.

If you still have problems, download the videos as MP4 at the highest quality your computer can play, and then play them with your media player. The newest version of VLC should be good enough.

Update your Flash Player and browsers.

If you still have problems, try asking your ISP.