Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nvidia GT 430 receiving Code 43 error

• Please log in to reply

subzero1970

subzero1970

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have recently installed this gfx card (Nvidia Geforce GT 430) into my daughters pc and its giving a code 43 error windows has stopped the item as it reported a problem, as i was using this card before i know it works ok so im wondering if it may have something to do with my daughters pc, specs below:

Home Built Pc so i'll remember what I can off the top of my head!

Pentium 4 3.4ghz,
2gb DDR2
ASRock 4core DUAL-VSTA motherboard
windows 7 ultimate

I have downloaded the most recent nvidia drivers, but they didnt work, im wondering if it could be the bios as its dated 2006 but i cant find a bios to update it to!!

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi Subzero1970. Posted Image

BIOS Updates, > http://www.asrock.co...ual-VSTA&o=BIOS

The problem could be the PSU not having enough wattage. Please give the brand and Model.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
In addition to what has been suggested by colleague iammykyl this may also be an incorrect driver installation, please confirm that you uninstalled the previous video card drivers before attempting to install the drivers for the new card.

subzero1970

subzero1970

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi, thanks for the replies, didnt know i had any as they went to my junk folder, its ok now as ive sold the card - thanks for the advice though :)

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Good that you solved the issue.
Thank's for the update.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts