In the BIOS, look in the boot options and take the "other devices" or "other" out of the boot sequence.
Also check to see if boot from LAN is enabled. If it is, disable it. PXE is a protocol that will enable you to boot from a network drive or server.
When it says that it failed, it is because it could not find an OS on the network.
JUNE 10, Malabyte locking up, etc... [Solved]
Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:41 PM
Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:25 AM
Woke up Monday to: What I posted, but part of it was "Check cable connection! .. Followed by no boot disc.
When I tried winxp w/my external floppy, I know, wrong os, but it did seem to try, but now I was hoping in the ONE hr. I have today, I might have a link to a bootable disk so I can get something accomplished on the ole job front, or if not, I'm homeless soon.
Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:27 AM
Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:34 AM
I can get a boot CD for you that will enable you to access all the files and probably the internet
OK next we will work outside of windows then Please print these instruction out so that you know what you are doing
- Download OTLPENet.exe to your desktop
- Ensure that you have a blank CD in the drive
- Double click OTLPENet.exe and this will then open imgburn to burn the file to CD
- Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.
Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
- As the CD needs to detect your hardware and load the operating system, I would recommend a nice cup of tea whilst it loads
- Your system should now display a Reatogo desktop.
Note : as you are running from CD it is not exactly speedy
- Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
- Select the Windows folder of the infected drive if it asks for a location
- When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
- When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
- Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
- OTL should now start
- Press Run Scan to start the scan.
- When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt
- Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
- Right click the file and select send to : select the USB drive.
- Confirm that it has copied to the USB drive by selecting it
- You can backup any files that you wish from this OS
- Please post the contents of the C:\OTL.txt file in your reply.
Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:06 PM
Getting ready to copy the above on cd, realized most files are 2 big for floppy, & cd burner sticks, but it's working
DOWNLOAD is going to take like 1 1/2 hrs. I DON'T know, I'm down to 19 min.
Edited by penelopepony, 19 June 2012 - 12:11 PM.
Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:16 AM
CD BOOT: Memmory overflow error
Intel UNDI, PXE-20 (Build 083)
Copyright © 1997-2000 Intel Corp
For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v.2.0.27
Check cable connection!
PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE-ROM
No BOOTABLE DEVICE --- insert boot disk & press any key.
This is what I get on my black sceen as of the last few days.
Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:18 AM
TY this all is great, but I'm just praying that I dont' have to send this back to Toshiba, 7-10days, & I need to get my websites up, & learn how to make a banner, TAKING SUGGESTIONS 4 where to learn.
Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:19 AM
Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:41 AM
HDD, in black, Toshiba mk2576gsxn
I may have to switch libraries, I'm on last few min. here, & this one u can't use youtube, or I re-tried to look @ yesterdays download, thinking maybe I missed the win7 something, downloaded it to desktop, & got denied access to put it on another cd.
Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:16 PM
Now after a couple of retries top left lil white line (1/6th") on black screen IS blinking. Keepin fingers crossed that this is good, librarian feeling sorry for me, letting stay on a lil longer it seems
Edited by penelopepony, 20 June 2012 - 01:13 PM.
Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:32 PM
Set the CD as first boot device
F10 to save the changes and then retry OTLPE
Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:59 PM
Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:30 PM
??? I got Win7, will this Reatogo X PE work, I'm trying anyways. Last few times it came up in blue screen gave chkdsk DOS command, over my head In esata I hit compat, thing
Showing XP again, usually goes bad @ this point, black screen, different...OMG, baby blu screen...pointer, & OMG FINALLY Real to go logo.
Slow part I can deal with, I can hold it in my lap on way home, screw WalMart run
Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:35 PM
Edited by penelopepony, 20 June 2012 - 04:36 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users