Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best gaming sound card for under $100

• Please log in to reply

kung lao

kung lao

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
My price range is really $50-70. I am looking for some thing on par with the on-board sound of a rampage 4 extreme (sound DOA).

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

7.1-channel Audio
Enjoy high-end sound system on your PC!
The onboard 7.1-channel HD audio (High Definition Audio, previously codenamed Azalia) CODEC enables high-quality 192KHz/24-bit audio output, jack-sensing feature, retasking functions and multi-streaming technology

http://www.newegg.co...1 192khz 24 bit

If the sound was really DOA then RMA the board
Are you sure - have you checked the manual for the Asus board - enable onboard sound -

Are you sure the speakers are connected in the correct port.

kung lao

kung lao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Thanks man. Yes the sound really is dead. Contacted three asus reps after I tried fixing it and they all concluded that it was a bad board. I can't bother with RMA now as I dont have another machine at the moment and It's gonna cost me a lot to send it off. I got the DSX and the sound is amazing. It would have cost me near that price to send the board off. Thanks for help again.

Edited by kung lao, 16 June 2012 - 08:31 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
You are welcome.

Thanks for posting the result