Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GEEKS ASSEMBLE! Website Virus issue

• Please log in to reply

cbohlender

cbohlender

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,

I own and operate the website http://crossbowfilms.net. Its working fine right now. On my computer I can open it up with no issues and google tells me that the website is virus free. BUT when a friend of mine tries to access the website he gets a virus message that says.

Access has been blocked as the threat Troj/JSRedir-GS has been found on this website.

I am working on a Mac and using Chrome. My buddy who got the virus message is working on a PC and using internet explorer and FireFox.

My website did have a virus about two months ago. I completely deleted the entire site and started over. So Im not sure if the issue is that the internet thinks the virus is still on there or what?

As a PROUD geek my self, any help the geeks can give would help!

Edited by cbohlender, 13 June 2012 - 11:20 AM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sounds like the problem is on your friends computer, possibly with some software he is running that is throwing a bogus malware alert. Have your friend start a thread here or post in this thread and we can take a look to see what is going on.

cbohlender

cbohlender

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your reply.

If its his computer. Im not really worried about it... I just was hoping everyone is not getting that same message. If anyone is on a PC could you visit the site and see if you get a warning? I have not had anyone else say there was but I just want to double check.

Crossbowfilms.net

thanks for your help!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I visited the site earlier and got no warning from my AV at all. :thumbsup:

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
So did I and I did not receive any warning at present

Suspicious activity was reported twice in the last 90 days, but not at present

The only caution I received on my checks was that wordpress was out of date - which if it is correct, is of course recoognised as a weakness for the security of the site

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
I tried it and there was no warning with three machines woth different resident antiviruses one with Avira, one with Avast!. and one with MS Security Essentials and no issues.

cbohlender

cbohlender

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks guys for taking a look! I really appreciate the help!

I just had another person tell me they got a warning when accessing the site. I think it must be a residual warning. Maybe their browsers have not cleared the site yet.... or something.

It just seems weird that some computers are having issues but not all....

Does anybody have any advice for making sure websites stay virus free? Im VERY new to this website thing...

Thanks again for all the help. This is the first forum I have found that is actually useful!

HUGE THANKS!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would suggest having the people that are getting the warning to clear the cache, browsing history and maybe even flush their dns to be sure. If it is one of these then the warning would go away one the steps were taken.