Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony vaio won't boot, stuck on boot manager

• Please log in to reply

Ehulani

Ehulani

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It's a Sony vaio running Vista home premium, and a couple of weeks ago tried to boot and it froze once it logged on. Tried restarting a few times and it did the same thing. Then one day I started and it would not boot at all. Now it just goes straight to windows boot manager. Tried f8 and won't start in any mode. It keeps telling me that I have to insert the recovery disk, which I don't have anymore. Tried looking online, found info that says I can use windows 7 recovery so I tried my friends from her asao but it would not accept it. So that is where I am stuck, on widows boot manager every time I try to start the computer, and I don't know where to get a copy of the recovery disk. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi Ehulani ... :wave: ..:welcome:

get a friend or coworker to create the recovery cd for you...
it has to be Vista home premium version