and welcome to my office here at G2G
My nick is maliprog
and I'll be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:NOTES:
- Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
- Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
- Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
- Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
- Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
- If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste it to include the log in your reply.
- You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed
to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it (If running Vista or Windows 7, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator"). Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Under the Custom Scan/Fixes box paste this in
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them if you need to start a new topic.
Download GMER from Here
. Note the file's name and save it to your root folder, such as C:.
Step 3Please don't forget to include these items in your reply:
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with this file.
- Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the program. (If running Vista, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")
- Allow the driver to load if asked.
- You may be prompted to scan immediately if it detects rootkit activity.
- If you are prompted to scan your system click "No", save the log and post back the results.
- If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.
- On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.
- Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.
- Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)
- When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.
- Save the file as Results.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
- Exit the program and re-enable all active protection when done.
It would be helpful if you could post each log in separate post using "Add Reply" button
- OTL log
- OTL Extras log
- GMER log