Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory addresses changing in Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

Nomad0168

Nomad0168

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This might be a tough question to answer and I'm not really sure how to pose the question but I'll explain what I know in the hopes that someone has a solution...

I use an emulator (the PCSX2) to play PS2 games on my PC running Windows XP. It's a 32gig FAT partition on my iMac and runs Windows beautifully. I use a memory editor (Tsearch or MHS) to play around with addresses in some games and change them etc. to achieve some interesting things and over time I've compiled a huge list of codes (addresses) like this.

But every so often, usually after I install a new piece of software or do a Windows update the addresses change - it's like the memory has shifted slightly out of sync from what it was before, perhaps this is a registry thing? Not sure but it's a real pain as I have to then manually convert the codes one by one to the new state. Sometimes it will shift by just a few values, other times by a lot more, so for instance an address that was 05143104 is now 050C3104.

Does anyone know why this happens? Or how I can configure Windows to change back to the original memory configuration? If I could do this it would save me having to manually convert every code each time the memory updates to a new state.

Any help would be appreciated ;)

Advertisements