Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Auto sign in to hotmail and internet banking

• Please log in to reply

hernamesbubbles

hernamesbubbles

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently had a new computer set up at work. It is running Windows 7 with IE 9. I have signed into hotmail as well as my internet banking website and logged out of each. Now upon returning to the wesites, it has my usernames and passwords automatically filled in and without me clicking on anything, is signing me into my accounts. I have changed my account passwords via my home computer which is now causing the work computer to constantly try and sign me into the account whenever the webpage is opened and since the password has changed from what it has saved, it is stuck in a loop trying to sign me in with the incorrect password. I thought maybe it was a security setting in IE that needed changing so I tried to find information on that and have had no result. I downloaded Google Chrome and have gone into hotmail and the internet banking site from there and it is doing the same thing IE was which makes me think it is a Windows 7 setting. For some reason it doesnt seem to be a problem with facebook, its only hotmail and the bank.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi hernamesbubbles ... :wave: ..:welcome:

the way to change autocomplete settings is here...

my advise...you really shouldn't do any online banking at work period