Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I'm going to chuck this laptop out the window soon!

• Please log in to reply

uselesswithcomp

uselesswithcomp

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I do not know what us wrong with this bloody thing!

I can't connect to the internet. my modem and router both say I'm connected. the two boxes on the screen have a red cross through them instead of the globe. and the little signal button is on and blue. my broadband is with virgin and they say its something to so with my computer and they can't help me. when I go to connect to my internet (which ia under Danny&chel) it say I need to enter my paraphrase or network key. I've heard to did this I need to type my 'ip address' into the search bar and log in to my router. I know how to find my ip address with the start>run>cmd then enter config. but when I enter it into my search bar it just come back with internet explorer cannot display this web page!!!! please someone help me!!!

Also when I try to connect to Danny&chel it says it could not get settings from D-Link DIR-615????? What does this mean??

Advertisements

RedXIII

RedXIII

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Sounds like you received the update as well Read This: http://www.geekstogo...2699988-update/

uselesswithcomp

uselesswithcomp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok thanks. there seem to be an extremely lot of updates. is there anyway you can tell me which ones to uninstall? Should I go by date perhaps?

RedXIII

RedXIII

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista (KB2699988)

uselesswithcomp

uselesswithcomp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I ddon't think this has worked. Can any one help me with finding my network key/paraphrase??

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
do you have access to the router...if so plug a Ethernet cable into you computer and the router...then try connecting to the internet...

Noob_B_Fershur

Noob_B_Fershur

• Pip
  • 8 posts
>>>I'm going to chuck this laptop out the window soon!<<<

That's why M$ calls it "Windows" Posted Image

Edited by Noob_B_Fershur, 16 June 2012 - 07:00 PM.

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

>>>I'm going to chuck this laptop out the window soon!<<<

That's why M$ calls it "Windows" Posted Image

sorry for the useless post but that has made me chuckle more than anything this year. so true.