Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage

• Please log in to reply

gwtwins

gwtwins

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
I have a rather unique problem here at work that I'm hopeful somebody here can help me with!! Here's the problem:

I have to us a webapp from a telecom company that requires a personal certificate. I have downloaded the certificate and installed it into both FF and IE8/9. When I go to my logon link it asks me for to verify my certificate as it should and then in IE 8/9 it goes right to the "Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage" error page. In FF I can logon on but I can only use a few of the different pages. Some of them return a bunch of HTML code when I try to access them.

Any ideas from anybody? I had this issue on another Windows 7 machine and was able to get the webapp to work. This is really frustrating and I need this site for my work!!

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 5,955 posts
Hi gwtwins,

My apologies for the delay.

You mentioned above that this is on a work computer. Do you have an IT dept.? Were they contacted and are aware of the issue? I'd sure hate to go against company policy here.

Let us know where you stand with the IT dept. and we would be more then happy to help resolve this issue as long as they are aware and have no solution to resolve the issue.

Donna :)

Edited by DonnaB, 15 June 2012 - 08:24 PM.