Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ridiculous , absolutely ridiculous

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
It does not make a difference to memtest
I presume therefore you tested ONE stick at a time.

Device manager I have sent the link twice on how to get there
All you have to do is to look if any entries have a warning indication on the left of the entry - yellow or red
yellow indicates problem
red indicates disabled - no driver etc.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I am signing off.

If there is nothing on device manager and we accept that the ram is OK, then although there is no error recorded on device manager, there may still be a driver that windows will not accept.

Start with the graphics driver on the link I sent you and you said that you had 12.3 - try installing 12.4
It is on that link as the latest one.

Reboot after install and see if it still BSOD

If it does try this and see if it BSOD on a clean boot

Having clean booted it CHECK that your anti-virus is still runnning if NOT do not use the web and go back to msconfig and recheck the anti virus entry on startup
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

PLEASE read the clean boot procedure carefully especially the caution regarding restore points

HAVE you used any registry cleaning program, booster make it go faster etc. They are generally unwanted, uneeded and known for causing problems

If all that fails, then when I return I will post a link so that I may see what you have installed etc.

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Right i am currently downloading 12.4 and yes i used 1 stick at a time. after i have installed 12.4 i will go back to what i normally do when it bsods and wait and see if it happens if it does i will follow the clean boot manual, Also i used a few register cleaning program which i discovered recently are bad including driveragent,registry cleaner , ccleaner and some others i think all failed. Thanks for your help so far :).

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I am not sure if it is revelant to the problem but also recently some windows will not respond and come back to responding very fast like a refresh and it can be really annoying and a game window is permanently not responding and i can only access it through the taskmanager and it works like it normally does and when i first log on windows explorer not responds and goes after about 2 seconds back to normal. Very weird,.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Post back please when you have completed the driver installation and the clean boot

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I have not crashed of yet so i will wait for the clean boot when i do crash + the driver installation is bugged for not just me for many people with the CCC as the 12.3 to 12.4 is bugged and it goes through normally and complete installation but it stays at 12.3 i have done it 5 times with the same outcome and alot of people have the problem, i think its bugged overall but as i said i will do the clean boot next time i crash. Thank you for your help so far.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
As you wish come back as and when you need
We do not close topics on Geeks to Go, so you may simply continue on this one

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Sorry to come back, things have been slightly better recently however i have received one 0x128 error which doesn't memory dump once, and a 0x0a error which says IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS a few times and normally when i am browsing the internet and i don't think when i am playing a fullscreen game and no 0x09c which i am happy about so far :D. Do you think i should go for a clean boot i haven't seen what it involves but i wanted to see if there is any other methods for these particular problems. thanks

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Yes I do - clean boot

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Right i done the clean boot, it is acting the same, i also got the 0x9c again while watching youtube after playing games for hours it happens on youtube -,- and everything is not responding even the windows explorer but it like responds after about 0.5 seconds but it just keeps spamming that and affects everything including my voice input like i am lagging. :(

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Did you ever get round to checking device manager please.

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I did there was no warnings, updates everything appears to be working normally

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
thought i fixed it but then i got a 0x09c on youtube :(

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just to explain the last error message.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Just to explain the last error message.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Indeed i have seen this alot however, it only started when i put in another ram stick which has been tested, i have done all stuff to do with overheating but found no problems. Also i have cleared any overclocked as i know off and everything seems to be fine it doesn't make any sense to me