Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ridiculous , absolutely ridiculous

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
1. I am not quite sure if this means WHAT it says or if it should say I will NOW go to BIOS

Thanks again i will not go to bios

Would you kindly clarify please.

2. download HW Monitor please the free edition from CPUID

http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html

send me that screenshot as below please

Posted Image

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The only one that is important is this one:

On Mon 30/07/2012 04:06:35 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\073012-18220-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7F1C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41287, 0x20C4C0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

Again it is pointing to memory maybe being the culprit.
I would like to know if it happens in Safe Mode with networking.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
After careful thought I have decided to leave the topic for the time being.

Both my good colleague rshaffer61 and myself, are as you know doing our best to assist you and YOU are excellent for the way you have stayed with this, and indeed for the willingness to try whatever we ask or suggest, including the purchase of the replacement 4 sticks of Crucial ram.

However because we are both making suggestions, either mine or rshaffer61`s are being partially overlooked.

THIS is NOT your fault.

On many topics, rshaffer61 and myself both post, but, in this case, we are now on post 77. , whilst it does not matter if we reach post 177, from our point of view, I think it best, from your aspect, which is the most important, that you continue with just ONE adviser.

Then you can concentrate your efforts more easily towards the suggestions and neither US or YOU will be trying to "catch up" on what HAS and HAS NOT been done.

When I say I am leaving, I mean that I will still be receiving notifications on the topic, but will leave the suggestions to my good colleague.

IN closing, I would check in BIOS as I suggested for the processor.

I would also try the suggestions on my post regarding the usual causes of the 0x000124

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I am only adding steps and have spent most of the time just following the topic Mac. Since the last BSOD showed a possible driver issue is why I suggested to try Safe Mode with Networking to see if the issue shows up there. If so then we know it is not a driver issue. :(

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hmm... Only since putting in the new RAM i have been getting crashes on a game called runescape which lead it to close that window, it crashes my computer for about 5 seconds then a icon in my task bar says a AMD driver has stopped working but has been recovered (Not sure of this is related). Also most programs do not respond and flash not responding like for a split second consistently on some programs and i can only access a program like this after i have gone to the desktop by double clicking it in the task manager. I have also forgot to mention something that might of compromised my registry which was a driver program but it made it so my task manager was not on my ctrl+alt+del which i managed to fix but i am not sure if it did anything else. This not responding problem was not apparent when i bought the computer.

This is the cpuid screenshot = http://img837.images...37/8823/igb.png

I would also like to say thank you mac for helping me so far and i have appreciated it fully and hope you come back soon.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

then a icon in my task bar says a AMD driver has stopped working

This tells me that the issue is a motherboard driver.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please refresh my memory on the make of the system if it is a branded system. If not what is the make and model of the motherboard. I think there is a driver for the motherboard out of date unless your video card is a add on and then it could be that causing the issue.

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P55-US3L

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series [Display adapter

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK gotcha now. Your video is a add on card so the AMD must be part of the motherboard then.
:tazz: I'm not finding on a AMD chipset on that board at all. It is a Intel based board. This is really starting to bug me as to what can be causing this. Lets try to check all the drivers to make sure they are all up to date.

Download DriverMax and have it scan your system. It will open their website with all the out of date drivers you can update. With the free version you can update only 2 drivers per day so if you have a lot of them it will take a few days to get everything updated. I have been using it for about 4 months now and like it better then any other utility out there for keeping my drivers up to date.
If you want you can post screenshots of all the drivers in the list that need to be updated and I will suggest in what order to get them.

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Sorry for the awful setup, but the 2 on the left are ones i couldn't get up on one photo but its a total of 7, I think you might be onto something :D. + its really irritating the crashing i have had to take it for months now.

http://img818.images.../2685/awful.png <-- screenshot

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK good news and bad news so I will start with the bad.
There is no AMD driver to be updated.
Now there is however a SMBus driver that needs to be updated. That is the motherboard chipset which may be part of the issue right now. I suggest you get that one first and install it. Run the system and see if it resolves the issue.

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Ok i have now downloaded the SMBus driver and will post back when there is a crash. Thanks again

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Ok i have now downloaded the SMBus driver and will post back when there is a crash. Thanks again

:lol: Doesn't sound like you are confident we can fix this ;)

The next one to get is the ATI audio driver.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
isn't that 5700 series card made by amd...try reinstalling your video card driver

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
There is no update for the video card showing but I guess we can go straight to AMD and see if there is one available.