Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ridiculous , absolutely ridiculous

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
The latest driver and the earlier driver for the graphics have been tried, as far back as post 5.. However I am sure at this stage there is no harm in trying another release

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
May I make a suggestion and don't try the newest driver unless the old driver was the version right before. Sometimes the newest is not really the best. Also I would suggest just getting the driver and not the whole suite.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

The latest driver and the earlier driver for the graphics have been tried, as far back as post 5..

I have not followed this whole topic because both you and ron were on this topic...

then it may be a driver for the game...and by all means don't install CCC...it can cause all kinds of issues

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

and by all means don't install CCC...it can cause all kinds of issues

I would say great minds think alike but there is only one great mind and we all know that it belongs to the other guy. ;)
I'm just the one who looks like this :wacko: :blink:

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Have not received a crash since, however the ATI driver keeps failing but only on one game + the not responding spam on most programs making them unbearable is still apparent.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

however the ATI driver keeps failing but only on one game

ATI video or Audio and what game??

the not responding spam on most programs making them unbearable is still apparent.

Spam? Is this the AMD again?

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
AMD again? i am not sure it just not responds for about half a second continually going not respond and responding but it is registered on task manager as not responding. Pretty much everything, and i think its the ATI video and the game is runescape it just like crashes and then comes back but stays black.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
ATI is owned by AMD and that is why it keeps showing up like that. Did you remove all the drivers before installing the newest one? Also you did only get the driver and not the whole Catalyst Suite right?

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
i already have ccc from way before, i see no drivers needed for it

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You can try to lower the settings on the game and see if that helps.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Firstly perhaps I should stress that I am NOT a gamer and my knowledge of the games is so small that you could write it on the back of a postage stamp

However, if the errors are NOW only experienced

Have not received a crash since, however the ATI driver keeps failing but only on one game + the not responding spam on most programs making them unbearable is still apparent.

on the one game runescape, then I would suggest you go here

http://www.runescape.com/

click continue to full site and search the forums to see if the issue is covered, or join and submit your own topic.

That is not meant as passing the buck, but you may well find another gamer has the same problem.

In respect of the AMD CCC failure message, a known issue on Windows 7 with the AMD CCC

KNOWN ISSUES

Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system

The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst. These include:

• Blocky video corruption may be observed while using Windows Media Player to playback HD WMV content.
  • The Catalyst Control Center may experience random crashes in specific configurations.
  • A green screen may be triggered when playing back Flash content using Google Chrome and Firefox.
  • The Unigine Tropics demo may experience random crashes when run with shaders=low and Vsync enabled.
Try

1. Notes.

• When installing the AMD Catalyst driver for Windows operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Catalyst driver.
  • The Catalyst driver requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
  • These release notes provide information on the AMD display driver only. For information on the ATI Multimedia Center™, HydraVision, HydraVision Basic Edition, Remote Wonder, or the Southbridge/IXP driver, please refer to their respective release notes found at: http://support.amd.com/.
  • AMD Eyefinity technology gives gamers access to high display resolutions. As pixel count grows, the graphics horsepower required to drive the displays at a reasonable frame rate can increase dramatically. Depending on the game and system configuration, users may notice texture corruption and reduced frame rates when running games in multi-monitor Eyefinity modes.
  • Windows Driver Model (WDM) drivers are no longer bundled in the AMD Catalyst software suite. The WDM drivers install bundle can be downloaded independently through the AMD website.
Download the CCC with AV and firewall disabled SAVE - but DO NOT install

UNINSTALL from programs and featrures all installed relating to the CCC.

Reboot Log on as the system account - NOT the user account with admin rights

Disable MSE and Firewall

Install the CCC

Reboot

Renable AV and Firewall

Test.

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I am very grateful for all of you advice it seems the crashing and ATI crashes have gone for now i am not 100% sure but it has gone a decent period of time , however i still have the not responding spam on most programs making them flash and unbearable. I have googled and been on many sites but i have not found any solutions. Thank you for you generous help :)

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

however i still have the not responding spam on most programs making them flash and unbearable

Is there an actual message box appears with this not responding

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

I am very grateful for all of you advice it seems the crashing and ATI crashes have gone for now i am not 100% sure but it has gone a decent period of time , however i still have the not responding spam on most programs making them flash and unbearable. I have googled and been on many sites but i have not found any solutions. Thank you for you generous help :)

get a screenshot of what you mean when you say the not responding spam

FYI...spam is something you get in your email inbox trying to sell you something

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sounds more like a temporary freezing issue. :whistling: