Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ridiculous , absolutely ridiculous

• Please log in to reply

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I will try and make a video to show you exactly what i mean on certain programs.

Advertisements

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

I also left a comment because it got cut off

Edited by urgenthelp, 03 August 2012 - 03:27 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Sorry to appear unhelpful if it comes across that way - a screenshot will be easier to see than the video

when the message is on the desktop press prt scrn key

then start, programs

accessories

paint

click edit tab and paste

click file tab and save as

Save as jpeg.

On reply use full editor and attach the jpeg file as the screenshot.

If there is another message that appears after the not repsonding message when you action that then simply send a second screenshot pls.

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Its too fast to catch on screenshots, you can see whats happening full screen 1080p. It is not physically possible for me to catch it in screenshots :(.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
for starters those popups are not spam...they are windows notifications telling you something is wrong...for any program that you get a notice for its not responding try uninstalling it including the desktop shortcut reboot the reinstall what ever it was...do them one at a time...
yes you can get screenshots...
when you have the screen up that you want to capture...click on the ctrl key + PRT SCR

key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs

...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V

...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something

related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may

be to big to upload...
then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the

screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it

says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would...
how to post a screenshot here...

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
guys i know about print screen and how to post them ... thats not the problem for me its the fact that the not responding comes off and on in fractions of seconds that even my task manager most of time does not catch, so with my human reflexes how can i catch it. Its just programs going not responding over and over and it can't be individual programs because it is every program on the computer and it did not happen before it all happened at the same time.

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I don't know what is going on, but i just got a 0x124 bsod after around 3-4 days of not getting a bsod.....:(.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Guys I apologize if this has been covered already but that error is so generic that testing all the hardware, drivers and related software is the only way you are going to run this down. Using the minidumps will not help at all. Read the Microsoft knowledge base page on this HERE ;)

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

Guys I apologize if this has been covered already but that error is so generic that testing all the hardware, drivers and related software is the only way you are going to run this down. Using the minidumps will not help at all

INDEED I agree.

Please see my post 71.

and I would suggest that you way forward is to re-read EVERY pst of YOUR topic, so that you may now start again and work through the posts, trying each suggestion that you did not do when they were made.

For instance, quite understandably, when the crashes appeared to have stopped you refrained from further checks

I would urge you to go back and try all suggested again.

You certainly would be well advised, I think to follow the guidance in my post 71, the same as the link now provided by my colleague.

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I have done everything possible on this thread and nothing is working. i only get the 0x124 like once every 5 days on certain games which i don't mind but the flashing and the not responding problem is unbareable but it seems unfixable but thanks for you help. I don't see any solutions for this cursed problem.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
As I said this type of error is really hard to run down. You can try a different video card. replace the hd and maybe the memory. The motherboard also may be having problems as well as the cpu.
Doing a parallel installation and seeing if the problem follows to that. If not then we can safely say it is a driver or program you have installed then.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

i only get the 0x124 like once every 5 days on certain games which i don't mind but the flashing and the not responding problem is unbareable but it seems unfixable

I have tried to watch your video, but it is very hard to make out, what the message is.

It must I am sure be recorded in event viewer, would you please see if you can find the entry there.

Additionally, I feel certain, from what I did see, that the number of applications and web pages you APPEAR to have open and the (please do not be annoyed) completely cluttered desktop - I have NEVER seen so many shortcut icons could well be an ancilliary cause to the problem.

If I was you, I would run this and see if it makes a difference.
http://www.geekstogo...er-by-oldtimer/

I would check after doing that, and see if programs will respond then - without all that you appear to have open, on the video you made.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
urgenthelp

I wondered if you made any progress
Please update us when you get chance.

urgenthelp

urgenthelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Well, I haven't got a blue screen in weeks, now the problem is a crash and a loud buzzing noise coming through my headphones, I am sure it is either the PSU failing or my voltages are set wrong but i have searched and can not find the correct values i need for it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go into the bios and click on default settings.
To check the psu voltages do the following

Download Speedfan (The download link is to the right), and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.
The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
To make sure we are getting all the correct information it would help us if you were to attach a screenshot like the one below of your Speedfan results.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard.
  • It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
  • Now go to Start and then to All Programs
  • Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
  • In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
  • Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
  • Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next reply

Posted Image

Please download and run Hardware Monitor
Installation (setup version only)
HWMonitor is a hardware monitoring program that reads PC systems main health sensors : voltages, temperatures, fans speed.
The program handles the most common sensor chips, like ITE® IT87 series, most Winbond® ICs, and others. In addition, it can read modern CPUs on-die core thermal sensors, as well has hard drives temperature via S.M.A.R.T, and video card GPU temperature.