Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HDD Cloning and XP (Home Edition) Repair Install

• Please log in to reply

polaris6

polaris6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Issue solved...

I 'discovered' a small comma where a period should have been. Eye sugery in about a month will take care of that lack of visual acuity.

thanks

Advertisements

Jahape4

Jahape4

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Ha just got home and saw your messages. Glad you noticed that and got it corrected no issues.

Aside from that do you feel good about where everything stands and having the D600 working properly now?

polaris6

polaris6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I am running it through its paces now (I started a few hours ago). I should know a lot more by Monday.

thank you for all you patience and help. I think you earned your 'wings' on this one.

Thanks again.

Jahape4

Jahape4

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
No problem at all, glad to assist where and as I can. I'll wait to hear back from you but hopefully all will go smoothly and this can be considered resolved.

Heh and thank you for your kind words...I truly hope to be helpful here while doing my G2G schooling and helping in other areas as well!

polaris6

polaris6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Things are looking good for the D600...

However, I have another issue with the D610 I have (my traveling brains). I know this is a different thread and will post it to the forum, but I am not sure which one and would like you to consider it.

This deals with burning DVDs

I have Roxio 6 EZ Creator and Nero Smart. I have tried/used both and get the same result described below.

The system actually burns the DVD (I can see it being done and when I examine the DVD it 'looks burned'.
When finished, I exit and (as always) check to see if I can actuall read what I have just burned. The message I get when I try to read the recently burned DVD, is that the 'D' drive is not accessible (this happened with both the Roxio and Nero software). If I take the recently burned DVD out of the drive and put in a DVD I know is 'good', it reads it perfectly.

This is driving me crazy because I want to back up some of my stuff on this overloaded HDD to DVDs.

Any advice/direction?

'Disk Management' shows the drive, with nothing in it.

Jahape4

Jahape4

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Glad to hear things are still working properly with the D600.

As for the D610, I'd suggest we open a new thread under the Hardware, Components and Peripherals section of the forum.

With what you are describing, it sounds like it may be a hardware issue with your DVD drive.

Let's start a new topic there and see what can be determined. It sounds like an issue with your DVD drive itself but someone may have some ideas/suggestions. Either way, if what you said is true (that the DVDs burn, but just do not read correctly on that same system) then you at least can still burn DVDs/make all your necessary backups, but will just need to verify/check them on a different machine.