Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NETWORKING XP APC server unavailable

• Please log in to reply

manyakulubi

manyakulubi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I hav an office running 12 computers, all the 11 computers have deferent ip adresses i. 192.168.0.1 up to .11. One is asigned to be the server. I have the same workgroup name as workgroup and all the computers can see each other over the same network. includint the server.The server independently conects to the internet but I cannoe be able to share the internet in the same local area network.Infact all the sharing of the network ICONS i.e LAN fails and gives an error saying failed while trying to connect RPC server unavailable.please help am in big problem

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
So let me get this straight. You want to bring in the internet connection on the server, and then share the internet connection onto the local area network?

Regards,
Olrik