Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to password protect my user account?

• Please log in to reply

chipper1

chipper1

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
I find it quite annoying as I have a user account with a password so I though thats good, however I have noticed that ANY user even the guest user all they have to do to get into my account it go to Computer, users, my name and there it is ALL my personal files/documents etc??? Took me two seconds!!! Whats the point in having a password on my user account???

I know I can right click on a document-properties-security-chnage permissions so that only certain users can access my files, but I have hundreds of files and would be on all day doing that??

Does anyone know a way please?

Anyone know how I can stop this please?

Edited by chipper1, 18 June 2012 - 08:24 PM.

Advertisements

chipper1

chipper1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
OK I have fixed that. Now I need to somehow only allow the administrator not the guests access to the D drive? Do you know how I would do that?

todo

todo

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
if you are in winodws 7 try right clicking on the Drive letter > properties > click on Security tab
click on the user Group and edit the permission from there