Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Remote Desktop Connection

• Please log in to reply

Lucy Loo

Lucy Loo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi all,

I have a laptop running XP and a desktop running 2000 Professional. The screen has almost gone on the desktop and i want to do away with a screen for it althogether and just connect to it via the laptop.

Is it possible to connect from the laptop to the PC via Remote Desktop Connection? I have tried but does not seem to work. I cannot find Remote Server Desktop on the 2000 Professional PC and am expecting this is either:

1, hopefully simply a matter of installing Remote Server Desktop on the PC that i wish to control from the laptop; or
2, hopefully not a case of whether Windows 2000 Professional is a multi user OS or something of that nature in which case this will not be possible.

Many thanks for any help or info.