Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrade to windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

• Please log in to reply

Alikhan00007

Alikhan00007

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi All,

I wonder if someone can help with this please. I currently have windows 7 ultimate 32bit installation on my desktop. I bought the desktop from a friend who had no operating system on the desktop before he installed windows 7 ultimate 32bit. He installed the operating system using an ISO boot disc which he no longer has.

I would like to change the operating system to windows 7 ulitmate 64bit and my desktop is capable of this.

The question is how do i do this please? Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

Ali

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hi Posted ImageAlikhan00007

To run a 64-bit version of Windows, your computer must have a 64-bit-capable processor. To find out if your processor is 64-bit-capable in Windows 7 or Windows Vista, do the following:

See link please for further review,
http://windows.micro...asked-questions

Joe :)

Edited by zep516, 19 June 2012 - 05:47 AM.

Alikhan00007

Alikhan00007

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Joe

Thank you so much for that information. I have checked the link that you have sent me and my desktop does not have 64 bit processor :upset:

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Sorry to hear that Ali :(
Thanks! For using "us" for your computer questions.

Have a Great Day :)

Joe