help please [Closed]
Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:25 PM
Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:34 AM
My nick is maliprog and I'll be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:
- Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
- Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
- Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
- Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
- Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
- If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste it to include the log in your reply.
- You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed
Before you reinstall your system we could try to repair it.
For this step we will need clean PC and one blank CD. Please print these instruction out so that you know what you are doing
Do this on clean PC:
- Download OTLPEStd.exe to your desktop
- Ensure that you have a blank CD in the drive
- Double click OTLPEStd.exe and this will then open imgburn to burn the file to CD
Now use this CD on infected PC:
- Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created on clean PC.
Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
- As the CD needs to detect your hardware and load the operating system, I would recommend a nice cup of tea whilst it loads
- Your system should now display a Reatogo desktop.
Note : as you are running from CD it is not exactly speedy
- Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
- Select the Windows folder of the infected drive if it asks for a location
- When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
- When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
- Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
- OTL should now start.
- Press Run Scan to start the scan.
- When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\\OTL.txt
- Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system.
- Right click the file and select send to : select the USB drive.
- Confirm that it has copied to the USB drive by selecting it
- You can backup any files that you wish from this OS
- Please post the contents of the C:\\OTL.txt file in your reply.
Please don't forget to include these items in your reply:
- OTL log
It would be helpful if you could post each log in separate post using "Add Reply" button
Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:59 AM
Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:08 AM
Let me know results.
Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:35 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.