Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Corrupted Password

• Please log in to reply

USAFE9

USAFE9

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My friend has an eMachine with Windows XP, Home Edition. We can't get her password to open XP. We have tried all the different combinations of upper and lower case, but to no avail. Is their a way to recover the password without having to reinstall XP?

Advertisements

Jahape4

Jahape4

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Hello USAFE9 and welcome to GeeksToGo!

I'm sorry, but I just wanted to let you know, that unfortunately GeeksToGo cannot help you with this situation. The Terms Of Use of the forum specifically state that we cannot help with recovering lost passwords. However, I highly doubt the password got 'corrupted', so all I can suggest is that your friend continue to try and remember what the original password was. Sometimes all it takes is to walk away from the issue and let your head clear and focus on something else, then come back to it later with a fresh state of mind.

Also, should you have any questions regarding the policies please feel free to contact any of the moderators or admins.

Thanks!

Edited by Jahape4, 20 June 2012 - 10:02 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi USAFE9 ... :wave: ..:welcome:
sorry but Jahape4 is correct
in this case we can't help you

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Maybe it is the keyboard that is not working properly, try another keyboard.

Also one thing that can happen is that the default language was switch, on some languages the keys are not assigns the same way as in other language, I know that the English settings is different then the French setting (like Q is A and A is Q, Z is W and W is Z, M is , and ; is M)

Hope that helps