Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HDD Help

• Please log in to reply

Augis

Augis

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone! :)
I'm new to this site and this place seems the best place to ask for a friendly advice or so.
I'm having one problem. I'm planning on gettings a new HDD for my PC, and I've found some of them that are cheap and fits the capacity (500GB).
But the real problem is , I don't know if it will fit my PC. What I mean is, I don't know if my other PC parts will work nice with this new HDD.

The HDD is mostly for keeping all my non-uploaded videos (youtube) and games. I was thinking if they would effect my PC speed or so aswell.

I was looking at this one : Cheap one
its my countrys electronic store page.

I was told by my friend to try this one instead , but 1TB is way to big , since it incrases the price :/
More Expensive

I think you will need my PC info , so i'm going to share that too , hopefully that will add something to faster / accurate helping :)

Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)
Processor : AMD Phenom II X2 550()
Motherboard : ASRock K10N78FullHD-hSLI (chipset nVidia MCP78)
Memory : 8GB (Dual-Channel)
Graphics card : nVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

If you need more details about something, ask me :)

My old HDD (current one i'm using) is SAMSUNG HD160JJ (160GB)

Please help me :/ I would buy the part immediately if I knew if its good.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,034 posts
:welcome: Augis

The HDD at the first link is for a notebook type computer and so is only 2.5" http://www.varle.lt/#!/kietieji-diskai-hdd/vidiniai-diskai/hdd-sata25-500gb-7200rpm16mb-7k500-0a72335-hgst.html

Have you considered keeping the present HDD and fitting a back up HDD, you can also use an external USB type of HDD
http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B0007OJY8I