Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Inspiron 1545 - E Drive (Recovery) full

• Please log in to reply

mccaa1

mccaa1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks for the info and warning. I've read the link and now understand what is needed to get the unallocated space in the right place. I will read and digest the Easeus guide and, when I'm feeling sufficiently brave, I will give it a go!

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Good Luck please let us know how it goes

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
mccaa1

I just wondered if you had a result on this.

I hope it was successful

mccaa1

mccaa1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. I downloaded the partition manager programme (EaseUS) but have struggled to follow the insructions. Or maybe a bit concerned I'm going to lose all my data! I will try and spend a bit more time following the instructions but, having gone through the tutorial, I cannot seem to make it work!

Edited by mccaa1, 16 September 2012 - 11:00 AM.

mccaa1

mccaa1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi Macboatmaster

Just to let you know that I had a brave moment this evening and decided to try the EaseUS partition manager program come what may. (Just had enough of seeing the Low Disk Space message everytime I logged on). Anyway, it went well. Shrunk C and extended E. Took a while for it to reboot but it is now all OK. No more warning message coming up. The E bit is now only half full. C drive is 174GB free of 212GB. Wouldn't have done it without your help. Many, many thanks.