Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Distorted MP3. Virus?

• Please log in to reply

arnth86

arnth86

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, nice to join the forum. So I've got this strange problem: yesterday, half of my MP3 collection started to sound very strange. It's distorted, very silent, strange tempo etc. For sure, it's not hardware problem, because other files sound normal.

What's important, few years ago I had exactly the same problem, and it turned out it's some kind of infection. I had to repair all the MP3s with FS-MP3Fix program, and they were fine. So I downloaded this appz again but this time it doesn't work. I tried to scan my comp by Comodo, DrWeb and Spybot, but got no results.
What's even more important, I've just reinstalled my system few days ago(Win7 x64). The system is on the disc C, and infected files are on disc D (which have not been modified in any way). I hope you can help me guys...

I attached OTL log.

Attached Files

• Attached File  OTL.Txt   441.94KB   43 downloads

Advertisements

arnth86

arnth86

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
False Alarm! It turned out that Windows 7 has automatically downloaded drivers to my sound card, which spontaneously set audio surrounding to 7.1. So I've changed it back to 2.0 and everything works.
Anyway, sorry to bother you... Topic to be closed.