Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unauthorized router log-in

• Please log in to reply

ong2lua

ong2lua

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I've just weakup this morning, trying to log into my wireless router (http://192.168.0.1) and recieved an error message "401 Unauthorized". I've loggeg-in lastnight without any problem. I didn't changed anything in the settings. Does anybody know what's going on with my router.
By the way, I i have a Non-broadcast SSID, 128 bit encryption, and MAC filtering on my router. It coudn't be hacked, could it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ong2Lua

Edited by ong2lua, 04 June 2005 - 06:45 AM.

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Try pressing the reset button on the router until the lights stop blinking and what not then restart your whole system. This should set all settings back to default. You will have to make all your configurations again, but better than not being able to change them right? Let me know if this works.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

ong2lua

ong2lua

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Thanks for your help! I've just solved the problem thru the Internet Explorer security settings. After i reset the Internet Security, within Internet Explorer back to the Default level, it let me back to my wireless router logged-in screen.

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I have what may at first seem stupid... and afterwards if all blows up will seem ignorantly brainless... but perhaps you should try leaving your wireless unencypted and see if anyone abuses it or if poeple just use it without screwin it over or hakin ur computer... its just a thought... i leave mine open and oddly i havnt had any outside influences (usual net stuff not included) hurt me, course i dont leave credit info on my computer ... but just keep your pc locked up an off when you dont use :tazz:

:help:
;) :help: :help:
:tazz: :help: :tazz:

ong2lua

ong2lua

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I live in an aprtment. Some of my neighbor is running a port scan on my computer. I've thought of not using Mac Filtering so i can keep a log of the peeps around my neighborhood, but it's a peace of mind. I don't want to hack anybody nor have to worry about people stealing my bandwidth....ect...