Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! My phone won't read files.

• Please log in to reply

Verainne

Verainne

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First off, I know that the main expertise of this site is computers, but I couldn't really think of any better place to go for tech-savvy help. (If you have an alternative place, feel free to share!) I'm also aware that this is most likely NOT the place for this topic, but I wasn't quite sure where to place it.

My Rumor Touch has started acting up recently. I'll put files on a micro SD card, and they'll show up anywhere I insert it, like my PS3 or a computer, and the music will play fine. But when I put the SD card into my phone, and it starts searching for the music, it can't locate the files. Furthermore, after I remove the SD card and plug it into an alternate machine, the files seem to have dissappeared! The data that is stored still seems to be there though, because that space is still taken up on the SD card. Say I put 4GB out of 8GB of music on the SD card, that 4GB will still appear to be in use. And yet, from a computer or a PS3 or even on my phone, I can't find the files anywhere on the SD card. This problem ONLY occurs after I plug it into my phone. Even if there is nothing I can do to fix it, I'd still like to know what the problem is, so I'd appreciate the help immensely!

Advertisements