Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new hard drive is not booting. tried everything and nothing happens

• Please log in to reply

zajm99

zajm99

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi I have a dell inspiron 1545 and it will not boot. I get a no boot sector on in internal hard drive message. Hit F1 it does nothing and will not load the discs when I select it to load from them. I'm at a total loss as to how to fix this now. Why will it not allow me to boot from the the windows 7 disc or the dell driver disc? I've now.spent a week trying to get this to work and it's driven me inane. How do I get it to boot when it will not boot from the discs. The hard drive shows up in BIOS and so does the cd/dvd/rw. I have set the hdd to load after the cd. Tried to boot from F12 with cd and still nothing. It just won't do a single thing other then send me back to the black screen and no boot sector message all the time. I really need this laptop to work asap. Could you please help me thank you :-)

Advertisements

zajm99

zajm99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My hard drive is also compatible as it is the same make as my old one :-( also still 160gb same as the old one.

Computerpete

Computerpete

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Have you got your dell repair disc if you can boot your repair disc when comes up press R and go into command prompt and type FIXMBR