Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

online videos will not load or play

• Please log in to reply

tinycat

tinycat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I suddenly cannot watch online videos. On YouTube, it says "an error occurred." On my own site, which has embedded videos, the frame doesn't even show up. On Colbert and the Daily Show I just get a white screen.
Only thing I've done that is unusual is today plugging in a VGA to HDMI cable from PC to TV. Didn't work, but restarted my computer while cable was plugged in. That's the only thing out of the ordinary lately.
Videos play fine from my hard drive. I'm downloading newest version of FF, but I don't think that's going to help. Any ideas? This doesn't sound like any of the problems I saw previously listed in the forum.
Thanks.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Hello TinyCat :welcome:

1.Can you please tell us the make and model of your computer.
2.How long have you had this probem?
3.Have you tried a system restore to a point prior to the issue? http://www.howtogeek...system-restore/
4.Tried updating your video card drivers and your flash player?

Here is a link that will help you with a clean install of adobe flash.
http://forums.adobe....message/4041846

Let us know how things turn out.

Edit: typo

Edited by rockmilk, 25 June 2012 - 04:38 AM.