Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error message

• Please log in to reply

Maria10

Maria10

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi guys,

Sometimes i get an error message "C:/ Program Files/ Common Files/ Paretologic / UUS2/UUS.dll" .

Is this error anything to worry about ??

Another issue with this machine is that, when checking on My computer (right click) Manage, Device Manager i had an exclamation mark on Microcode Update Device... I actually deleted this device in order to replace it and was not able to replace it at later stage...

Could you please assist me on getting it fixed.

Cheers
Maria10

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Paretologicis a registry cleaner...they can do more harm than good so you should uninstall it

The Microcode Update Device, which by default is a hidden device, provides the latest microcode updates for the CPU if the BIOS is not up to date. The Microcode Update Device driver loads at startup and checks the processor. When the Microcode Update Device determines that the BIOS information is in fact up to date, the device is unloaded from memory to free up resources. If you then specify Show hidden devices, Device Manager displays an error indicator even though the device is working as designed.
exactly how did you delete it

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi happyrock,

Thank you for your reply on my post for the Error message.

It would be great if you could guide me on how to remove it as i cannot see it on Control Panel.

Regarding the Microcode update device i can see that i have made a mistake and spoilt it !!!
Thinking of replacing it because i guessed the exclamation mark indicated something was wrong i right clicked on it and deleted... i have checked my recycle bin and it is not there... i have probably emptied it at some stage... is there a fix for it?

Cheers

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
are you looking in the programs section of the control panel for Paretologicis
if you can't find it there do a search for it and right click on it and select delete...
as for Microcode update device...try going to windows update and see if you can get it there...
nojoy
try sfc /scannow...instructions here

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi happyrock,

Sorry for taking long to reply... I have successfuly managed to remove that Paretologic scheduled task which was generating the error message...

Also i have decided to post a new thread to have a malware removal helper to check my computer out as i have for signs of malware.

Thank you for your assistance and help. ;)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome... :thumbsup:
if your still having issues after the malware pros give you a clean bill of health...come back here and we will finish up...

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Cool Happyrock !!! will do it :thumbsup: