Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

weird screen tearing in modern warfare 3 and other pc games

• Please log in to reply

travisdevoe

travisdevoe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have an amd 7750 black edition oc'd to 3.114, an hd 4550 video card, and 4 gbs of dual channel ram. i got modern warfare 3 when it came out and beat the campaign and didnt play it again for a few months. last week i reinstalled the game and ended up with a massive tearing problem. none of the hardware has changed and i just did a fresh reformat and installed all the latest drivers. using the on board video (hd 3000 something) doesnt change anything and whether the settings are lowest, optimal, or custom the problem still occurs. what would be the best way to diagnose this problem without throwing a bunch of money at it? OS is windows 7 ultimate. thanks. if there is something i forgot let me know. this also occurs on halo 2 max payne 2 battlefield 2 & 3 and grand theft auto 4. one last interesting note Halo 1 has no issues whatsoever.
this is a video cap of me playing modern warfare 3 with optimal video settings.----> MW3 Gameplay

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
so you did a fresh install of the operating system, installed the latest drivers. Did not resolve the issue. What resolution are you playing at? If you drop the quality settings (just to verify) nothing changes?

You can try updating direct x: http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35

Is your video card seated properly? Have you tried removing it and reinserting it to see if that helps?