Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NYONE HELP PLEASE !BSOD (Blue Screen of Death)

• Please log in to reply

playdoe

playdoe

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey guys. I'm new to the forums and I'm at my wits end, which is the reason why I've joined and need help. I've had the blue screen crash my system a few times. I actually restored my computer to original factory setting to no avail. Seems like the crashing keeps happening. I stumbled upon this page because on my "last" BSOD (blue screen of death) the screen said tcpip.sys...but this is new. I've seen everything from this new tcpip.sys to Page Fault in non page area...I have a compaq presario desktop that I purchased in 2007 and have never had any problems with "blue screens" until recently. i'm a pretty much intermediate user and have installed an NVIDIA GEForce 8400 GS in 2008 and everythings worked great since. So since the "problem" began I've run diskcheck,memory check etc. Everything keeps saying its okay please help. PLEASE I'm running Vista 32 bit Home Premium

Edited by playdoe, 25 June 2012 - 12:27 PM.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go

Download this please
http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

WHO CRASHED free edition. click the analyse tab, copy and paste the actual crash reports and their conclusion please to your reply.
The Intro and ending is not required.

Also which chkdsk please and how did you check the memory please.

Thanks.

playdoe

playdoe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Here goes....and thanks for actually answering. I might mention here also that I have two external drives one 1TB and the other 500Gb but those have movies and such..no real programs. I Also ran a memory test with the memory diagnostic tool in windows...it reported my memory was fine but might be "loose" I pulled my computer apart, cleaned it and put everything back together nice and tight. I used the Windows ChckDisk/ the type that runs before windows starts and it said everything was normal.I also purchased DriverGenius and according to the program all of my drivers are up to date. Based on the report (mind you, i can barely understand it) It seems like everything is going crazy. Any help is appreciated. Here is the report

On Mon 6/25/2012 7:24:45 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062512-10.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: clfs.sys (CLFS+0x68EF)
Bugcheck code: 0xBE (0xFFFFFFFF8022D7E8, 0x7FECF121, 0xFFFFFFFF887779BC, 0xB)
Error: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
file path: C:\Windows\system32\clfs.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Common Log File System Driver
Bug check description: This is issued if a driver attempts to write to a read-only memory segment.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 6/25/2012 7:24:45 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: clfs.sys (CLFS!ClfsLsnInvalid+0x157A)
Bugcheck code: 0xBE (0xFFFFFFFF8022D7E8, 0x7FECF121, 0xFFFFFFFF887779BC, 0xB)
Error: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
file path: C:\Windows\system32\clfs.sys
description: Common Log File System Driver
Bug check description: This is issued if a driver attempts to write to a read-only memory segment.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 6/25/2012 5:41:26 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062512-09.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ci.dll (CI+0x4B89C)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF4, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF8056A89C, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ci.dll
description: Code Integrity Module
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

On Mon 6/25/2012 5:39:16 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062512-08.dmp
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

On Mon 6/25/2012 5:04:53 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062512-07.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: usbhub.sys (usbhub+0x154E)
Bugcheck code: 0xC5 (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFFFFF81CE98D9)
Error: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys
description: Default Hub Driver for USB
Bug check description: This indicates that the system attempted to access invalid memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

On Mon 6/25/2012 4:51:13 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062512-06.dmp

On Mon 6/25/2012 4:48:45 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062512-05.dmp

On Mon 6/25/2012 4:46:17 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062512-04.dmp

On Mon 6/25/2012 4:43:49 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062512-03.dmp

On Mon 6/25/2012 4:41:34 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062512-02.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: wdf01000.sys (Wdf01000+0x9C36)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x43087, 0x2, 0x8, 0x43087)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\wdf01000.sys
description: Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

On Mon 6/25/2012 4:39:44 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062512-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlpa.exe (nt+0x1E29E3)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF81DE29E3, 0xFFFFFFFF983076DC, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 6/24/2012 6:06:27 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062412-05.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (fltmgr+0x90AB)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF81CB592F, 0xFFFFFFFF88394A28, 0xFFFFFFFF88394724)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
description: Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

On Sun 6/24/2012 1:37:13 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062412-04.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ci.dll (CI+0x7E81F)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF8059D81F, 0xFFFFFFFF883BFE98, 0xFFFFFFFF883BFB94)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

On Sun 6/24/2012 1:34:43 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062412-03.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ecache.sys (ecache+0x28BA)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x4, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF879CE8BA)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ecache.sys
description: Special Memory Device Cache
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

On Sun 6/24/2012 1:27:17 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062412-02.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0x84B1D)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFFFFFF874BED90, 0xFFFFFFFF874BEFB8, 0x8450005)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
description: NT File System Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 15 are included in this report. 2 third party drivers have been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

symevent.sys

unknown

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I am in the UK I was just about to shut down when | saw your reply.
Will post by 1800hrs It is now 0220

Goodnight

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I have had just a very quick look

Purchased driver genius - NEVER necessary, obtain drivers only from computer manufacturers site or hardware manufacturers site.
Free of charge known to be the correct ones, unlike the recommendations from any automated driver check.

I think the first check is RAM

Open the case, having shut down and disconnected power.
Take anti static precautions

Take out, by releasing the clips either end of the stick, one stick of ram, leave in the stick nearest to the processor, usually - Test - does it still blue screen.
If so and you have just two change them over.
Test.

If you have more than two - piece of card write on 1, 2, 3, 4 or as you have
Take out two place them on the numbers relevant to the position
TEST
does it still Blue screen
If so take out one of the remaining two, place it on the number - replace with one of the first two.
TEST

I am sure you have the idea by now.

NOTE - hold edges of ram stick not components, to reinsert check notch position on base of stick, ensure clips still outwards, gently insert stick, pushing down on edge along length, clips will return to lock position. check they have
Speak later.

jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• Expert
  • 92 posts
  • MVP
Hi -

ntfs.sys, fltmgr.sys, clfs & ecache listed.
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=clfs.sys
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=ntfs.sys
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=ecache.sys
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=fltmgr.sys

In addition to RAM test, Run HDD diagnostics -

Start with SeaTools (for DOS) --> SeaTools | Seagate

Burn ISO to CD with ImgBurn --> The Official ImgBurn Website

ImgBurn - Select "Write image file to disk" -

Posted Image

http://sysnative.com/screenshots/ImgBurn.png

Boot with SeaTools CD.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

playdoe

playdoe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
So...I've removed the components (hardware/ram) like you said and reinstalled them nice and securely. It's been two days and uninterrupted (spellinG??) use. Thank You guys so much. You rule.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Thanks for posting the result, please do come back on this topic if you have the same problems again