Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help with changing exsisting audio...

• Please log in to reply

rayray8803

rayray8803

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I'm going to try and explain this the best I can in order to get the help I need

I went to a concert bout a week ago and got some cell phone video recordings from the show. My phone recorded some garbage for the audio, but the video is very watchable. I got audio from differant shows I'd like to sync up with the video I have.

My question is, is there a program I can use to sync up my video (no audio) and use audio and sync the two together to make the video more enjoyable to watch.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go

I would suggest that the most appropriate way is to download from the phone, using the software for the phone, the video and the audio to the computer and then for instance use Windows Movie maker - a free download from Microsoft - depending on your operating system - to compile as you wish
http://windows.micro...res/movie-maker

rayray8803

rayray8803

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks macboatmaster, its great to be here. Heard so many positive things about this site, thats why I came here.

I've moved my audio and video onto my computer and I used Windows Movie Maker since it was already installed on XP (yes, I still use XP). However, it wouldent open up my video being a 3gp file.

Do you have any suggestions? Possibly convert the file to something readable?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
1. 3gp is suported on windows 7 please see this
http://windows.micro...-file-types-faq

2. It was not supported on XP
It is not the movie maker that is different per se it is the attendant conversion software

3. On XP you will have to search the web to find a free or if you do not mind purchasing a paid conversion program
I would be hesitant to recommend. as I have no experience of them.

One example and I am not recommending it, only offering it to you for your consideration
http://www.avs4you.c...CFc8KtAodpWc77g

4. I hope you understand, what follows, but it was remiss of me not to mention this on my first reply.
Whilst it is permitted to record at some concerts, it is not at many. I understand it generally depends on the "rights" to the music being performed.

To record video and audio at many concerts is not allowed and Geeks to Go does not support anything that contravenes any license, copyright, performing arts conditions etc.

Therefore the advice is offered on the understanding that we do not know the conditions attached to recording at the concert you attended and should only be used when you have satisfied yourself that you were so entitled.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
rayray8803

How did you manage with this

Was there any progress please

rayray8803

rayray8803

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey Macboatmaster, sorry bout the long responce getting back to this topic. I've been pretty busy with other things and havent been able to play around with this little project...

I however got to use a registered version of Quicktime Pro. It does exactly what I wanted. Extract the exsisting audio and use quality audio to sync up with the video. Only problem i'm having now is it wont save the project. Do you have any knowledge into why it wont save?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I am sorry to say that the honest answer is NO

http://answers.micro...e4-19f8345cd5dc

as I have no experience of using Apple quicktime

rayray8803

rayray8803

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I'll see about changing the video to an avi so I can use Windows Movie Maker...sounds alot easier

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
OK Good luck, sorry that I could not offer more positive help.

I just have no knowledge gained from using that Quicktime