Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows reinstall

• Please log in to reply

sdchitty

sdchitty

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok i have a dell inspiron 1545 and i need to factory restore it.

i found some viruses on it, but its still running extremely slow and jittery, tried to factory restore under the f8 button and repair my computer option but instead of giving me the restore option it starts window normally so i believe my computer is badly corrupt or something has wiped this option out, not very good with computer, im a beginner but i have factory restored before, another problem is i don't have the restore disk i went to advanced options on the restore section and was going to reinstall windows but again i need a disk! i really need my laptop can anyone please help me out

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

i found some viruses on it, but its still running extremely slow and jittery,

Are you sure your system is cleaned of all infections?
F8 is not the key combination to get to the factory restore option you are seeking and secondly depending on the type of infection a simple format and reinstall may not take care of the issues. Below I am including two options and you have the choice of which you would like to go with.

I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found HERE. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

If you would rather try the factory restore then below is the instructions for that.

The key combination is CRTL + F11 pushing the keys at the same time at the the dell screen during post. Once you push them then you want to release them.
It should go into the recovery partition so you can do a system restore.