Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Comps been compromised *NEED HELP ASAP* Im NOT good with comps either

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

OxAtomicxO

OxAtomicxO

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I didnt know where else to go, i can't afford GEEK SQUAD being a single mom and all (they charge $200 just to LOOK THRU your freaking computer!!)

So the other day this thing popped up, and it appeared to be form my WINDOWS SECURITY saying i had all these virus' (Trojan this and Trojan that)...and Spyware...so clicked to have them "cleaned" and it came apparent that my TREND MICRO security was expired..so i put my daughter's grandfathers credit card info into a thing that said it would clean it, taht it was MACAFEE and well now the same crap is popping up, and im getting a REAL BAD feeling i put my father inlaw's credit card at risk now!! I ALSO am not sure if i have these files compromised. It says these files are infected (oh and when i tried to open the macafee thing again to clean all these files AGAIN, this "setup" folder but in zip format kept popping up in my downloads folder..one after another. i soon realized something was wrong and deleted all of them. I DONT know what to do, im a single mom who uses her laptop as her life line to the outside...i think i got these virus' from that POGO.free gaming site!!! I didnt have these problems till i have started playing on their site, but really what do i know.

ANYWAYS the things that pop up that are infected are these:

emptyregdb.dat
NOISE.DAT

and a few others...actually a lot of others, those were the 2 names that i was able to copy and paste before my comp shut down. SOMEONE PLEASE..PLEASE tell me what to do, i can't afford another computer...and i can't loose this one. I use this to shop and GOD HELP ME if someone gets my credit card info im screwed. PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU CAN HELP [email protected]

Thanks so very much

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,684 posts
Double post, other topic here.