Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Factory Restore Dell 1525

• Please log in to reply

minnesotaqueen

minnesotaqueen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a dell laptop 1525 that needs a factory restore. I got all the stuff I need off of it and tried to restore it. I do not have the disk anymore. I followed the steps many times to restore withput disks and tried many different ways but it just does the same thing. It skips the choose a language and goes to user account but does not let me sign in under any of the administratice accts. or any accts. for that matter. I need the store disk, I guess. Where do I get one?

Steps I have done:

F8 which brings me to "repair your computer" which I click on
Then it goes to a blue screen that says please wait...
I wait for 2 minutes or so, then it brings up a blank blue box on the blue screen that says "other use" under it.
No matter what name or password I use it says "domai either does not exist or could" can't see the rest as the screen is cracked, lol
and that's how fa it will go.
I tried making a new Admin account but it doesn't help.

Any help? or where to get disk cheap? Cheapest have found is $27.00 plus shipping. Is that average price? I know it's cheaper than a new laptop, lol.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The key combination is CRTL + F11 pushing the keys at the same time at the the dell screen during post. Once you push them then you want to release them.
It should go into the recovery partition so you can do a system restore. If there is no recovery partition on your hard drive then you will have to either purchase a set of recovery disks specific to your system or borrow a OS installation disk. The disk has to be the exact same version that was originally installed on the laptop. The serial number and original OS installed should be on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 30 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.