Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mouse looking up and spinning in 3d environments

• Please log in to reply

Sykoslocos

Sykoslocos

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this

I'm not sure if this is the right section, because I think it might be a software/driver problem, but it's mouse related so here I am

My problem is, that when I'm in Cinema4d, Minecraft or Phantasy star online 2 Beta, as soon as I am supposed to control my character
the Mouse points upwards and spins really fast, much faster than what I am moving. in cinema4d if i try to make a shape or something a bit longer, it will lightspeed pull the item and make it many miles long instead of changing it slightly, also uncontrolably into one direction. it speeds up far beyond what I'm trying to do.

If i dont touch the mouse it won't do anything, but even the slightest movements (and I'm talking millimeters here) will already cause it to face up and spin atleast a bunch of times, also it does not matter if i turn the mouse left or right, it will spin in only 1 direction, i can sort of force it down by sharply dragging the mouse back repeatedly while it's still spinning, but it would automnatically pull up again with any movement

The weird part about it is that Minecraft stopped doing it and works fine now, so i thought the problems were over, but now I am trying to play the PSO Beta and to my horror it's back... but minecraft still works o.k.

Also i notice that some (i'm expecting Flash) video's if i hover or try to click on the buttons, the button will only be clickable if i move the mouse, when i stop to click it cant touch the button, but even when i move it while trying to click I still might need to click it a bunch of times before I actually hit the button, as if it only works on a high frequency, like a flickering.. this is not any of my worries, but i thought it might be relevant or related

Now I've tried many things within the programs or games, all the obvious mouse settings and sensitivity, googled it ALOT and i do not see anyone with a solid answer although it does seem to be a rather rare problem, I have downloaded directX, Java (minecraft runs on java) Nvidia drivers and Mouse drivers (although the mouse drivers were just tools) but nothing seemed to work

I have also bought a new Mouse and Keyboard set, a microsoft set instead of a logitech set this time, but it changed nothing as expected, also tried an older wired mouse to no avail.. even tried alt-tabbing in and out of the program, having no other devices connected to the pc, or any other advice i could find

I am running on dual Screens rgb&hdmi sometimes but generally runs on 32" hdtv through rgb cable, but have a 21" hdtv and a normal 17" monitor, and it does the same on any combination of the 3 screens or on any of the three individually, and mostly on 1920x1080 resolution
although i have tried it on other resolutions aswell

So now I'm at a loss, i really wonder what these 3 programs have in common apart from being 3d oriented, other games seemd to work normally, although i do not have that many full on 3d games or programs to try, and the mouse works well for any other activity not in a 3d world, no irratic movements while browsing or anything like that

Any idea what could cause this?

running 32bit Vista, Nvidia GT220, 3gb Ram, have logitech mk300 and Microsoft wireless desktop 800 sets

please let me know what other information you might need

Thanks
Arthur

Advertisements