Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Router Login help!

• Please log in to reply

lakentaylor

lakentaylor

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay, so we just got an Xbox 360. I cannot connect to Xbox LIVE because I have a "NAT problem". I found out I have to login to my router's configuration page on internet explorer to turn off upnp. That's all find and dandy except I CANNOT ACCESS 192.168.1.1 on internet explorer. It keeps saying "Internet explorer cannot access the web page". My internet is working fine. I ran 'ipconfig' in command prompt and my default gateway is in fact 192.168.1.1. Here is what I have already tried.

1) resetting the router. (multiple times)
2) restarting my computer (also, multiple times)
3) running windows updates
4) changing security settings on internet explorer
5) turning off my firewall
6) resetting my IP address
7) ping 1922.168.1.1 (I did get a response, so I know it's right)

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

Advertisements

clemons745

clemons745

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
What is the brand and model of the router?

lakentaylor

lakentaylor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Comtrend CT-5361T

I just talked to one of my friends about it, and he informed me that since I have internet and cable through Farmer's Telephone Company, I won't be able to access my router because the company has all that information... is this true?

clemons745

clemons745

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
If your ISP (in your case, Farmer's Telephone Company) owns the router you are using, then most likely, you will not be able to access it. They probably have it set to a differnet port, probably either 443 (aka, https), 8080, or something like that, in which case, you will need to call your ISP about, some will open ports for you, and some will not.

lakentaylor

lakentaylor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay, I will try to call them tomorrow and ask them. This really is a pain though.. I just want to play xbox live! Haha Thanks for the help though.

clemons745

clemons745

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
If they will not open ports for you, you can always request a static IP address, that will solve the majorty of NAT issues. Some ISP's charge for this, and some do not, again, you just have to ask.

Hope all goes well! Reply to this thread and let me know how it goes.