Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hiring a professional web designer

• Please log in to reply

Capriman

Capriman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone,

I'm a business person starting a new business that requires a website which, being conservative, would have 400 users and they would be creating their own personal profiles. And on top of being able to create their own profiles be able to edit their availablity calendars etc. Some of the other things I want to include on their profile is a knowledge checklist, certification checklist and a function visible to the visitor of when they (the profiler) last visited the site.

I want to hire someone locally to help me so we both have a better understanding of what I'm needing. My question is, what type of knowledge or programming is necessary to
get this completed as well as any other info I might need to know so I'll know a novice designer when I see one or if this person is right for the job? Also, from a hardware standpoint what type of creditials should I look for?

Thank you for any insights!

Edited by Capriman, 01 July 2012 - 03:43 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
:welcome: Capriman

Until someone with web design experience looks in on your topic some guidance for you http://www.artyitweb...ner.html#apm1_7

Good look with the site and your new business.

Xtreme930

Xtreme930

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Go to www.cyberjee.com! I hope this helps :D, Good day!

,Xtreme

virtous

virtous

• Pip
  • 8 posts
The webdesigner should have knowledge about HTML, CSS, PHP and javascript. jQuery and ajax would be good but isn't always needed. Also a database language like MySql.

Good luck with your project