Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp wont boot

• Please log in to reply

ciara123

ciara123

• Pip
  • 2 posts
xp wont boot, I currently have windows xp on my daughters netbook but it came up with the blue screen of death, just kept getting half way through booting up then would crash and the boot would restart, unfortunately I dont have a xp disc it was pre-installed on the netbook, please help im new to this

Edited by ciara123, 01 July 2012 - 01:06 PM.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
ciara123

Welcome again to Geeks to Go

You have also posted in our Malware forum on this link.
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

Please continue HERE on the topic where you are reading this

Do not worry about it NOW, but for your future information, if you decide to use our site in the future please see this from our How to post guide
To help match your questions with the people best able to answer, the forums here are arranged into categories. Simply scroll down the page, and choose the category that best fits your inquiry. Please select only one category, and do not post your question more than once.

Now to your problem

1. What is the make and full model details of the computer please.

2. Have you tried F8 key, keept tapping it after first post screen and then try LAST KNOWN GOOD
If that does not work please reboot and try
SAFE MODE

3. If neither of those work and on that F8 menu you have disable restart on failure
select that and post details please of the STOP error and the codes that follow

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
ciara123

You asked for help on 1 July.

I wondered if you have made progress.

Would you kindly update your topic

Thank you