Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC went to sleep mode and won’t wake up!

• Please log in to reply

amen

amen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Admin,

My gateway LX6810 desktop computer with vista OS, went to sleep mode and won’t wake up. I tried unplugged the power cord and after 10 minutes plugged it back in, the psu and cpu fans running,HDD and dvd drive spining,video card fan running, no power led come up, no POST(no beep no display). removed RAM, Video card, disconnect HDD and dvd power, even removed CMOS battery refreshed and put back. but no beep, no other signs of life. What has happened to my PC? I really appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Advertisements

amen

amen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
help please!

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Did you try a different video card.

Did you try another screen.

Did you try a different PSU (Power Supply Unit).

Did you try resetting the CMOS to its default value (unplugging power, removing the battery and shorting the cmos pins)

If you have an addon video card and also an integrated video card remove your addon card and plug your screen to the integrated video.

When it was working normally did your computer beep when your started it.