Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DROPPED HARD DRIVE

• Please log in to reply

OMG HELP ME

OMG HELP ME

• Pip
  • 1 posts
IF anyone could please give me advise on what to do at this moment.

(no more than an hour ago my WESTERN DIGITAL external hard drive (wdxc2500jbrnn) plumitted about 1 foot to the floor while it was still on and running. )

:help:

Ive been doing research for the passed hour trying to figure out whats going. I have determed this could be a HEAD CRASH...BUT im not sure. ALL I CAN SAY is:

There is power to the drve, but it will not show on the computer. ALSO each time it is turned on it BEEPS with a "motor rythmic tone" 30x or in sets of two which would be 15x and then NO MORE NOISE ...... But still no connection to the comp. :tazz: [COLOR=red] :tazz: ;) :idea:

WHAT CAN I DO TO SELF REPAIR THIS if possible ? Anything wold be greaet - thanks guys

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Sorry to say but there is nothing you can do to fix a hard-drive..

You could try going to the manufacturers website and downloading their diagnostics program.. Run that and it will tell you if the drive is kaput or salvageable..

Murray