Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

dwm.exe [Desktop Window Manager] Interfering with Gaming

• Please log in to reply

Buhni

Buhni

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello Geeks to Go!
I've been looking everywhere over the internet with a similar problem like mine, but so far I've gotten no solutions.
I play an online game called S4 League. Information about the game located here.
This game would always run 'perfectly' regardless of my Microsoft Security Essentials being on at all times, or MSN being up - but yesterday while I was playing it got VERY VERY laggy after about nine minutes. I had no other programs up, and when I opened up task manager to check, my Desktop Window Manager was using CPU usage of around 80% when it usually ONLY used up 00-02%.
I had no clue what to do so I just completely turned S4 League off, restarted my computer and tried again - and again, after nine minutes of playing it started up again, so I eventually got irritated and had to shut down S4 League yet again. But this time, I opened up Windows Task Manager right after I closed S4 League, and it dropped back down to 00-02%. What should I do and why is it interfering with my gaming >now< ?

I don't think I necessarily need to put down the Computer information as asked, but if I really do need to - I shall.
Do you have any clue why this is happening?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
could you tell us a little bit more about your system? What video card do you have? What operating system?

I would suggest turning off the areo interface before playing the game. To do so, just follow the instructions listed here: http://www.howtogeek...-windows-vista/
The instructions work for Vista and Windows 7.

Buhni

Buhni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello, Starjax.
It turns out that all I needed to do was un-install the game and re-install it.
Something must've been downloaded improperly - but now it's all fixed.
Thanks for the effort though, really appreciate it. <3

Edited by Buhni, 06 July 2012 - 05:54 PM.