Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Will it work well or at all?

• Please log in to reply

magnetmagmaa

magnetmagmaa

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I am working on building my first computer i am an amateur who has done research and compiled a list of parts will they work well ?
Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 800D CC800DW Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

MotherBoard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K

Hard Drive: Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1000DHTZ 1TB 10000 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

SSD: Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10

Graphics card: MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Sound Card: HT | OMEGA Claro Halo 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card w/ a built-in HI-FI Headphone Amplifier

Power supply: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RS800-80GAD3-US 800W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

BlueRay player: LITE-ON Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Internal 12x BD Combo Model iHES212-08 LightScribe Support

BlueRay burner: ASUS Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM 8MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS

CPU Water Block: D-Tek FuZion V2 INTEL Socket 1155/ 1156 CPU Block

Water Pump: DD / Laing DDC 3.25 -12V 18 Watt Version

Radiator: Black Ice Pro II Radiator

Water resevoir: XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir - Clear / Silver / Black

Tubing: Tygon 3603 Tubing

Tube Clamps: UV Green Delrin Tubing Clamps - 10 Pack

LED lights with controller: RGB LED Lightstrip with Controller and Remote - 12 inches (30cm)

Extra LED's: RGB LED Lightstrip - 12 inches (30cm)

Water coolant: PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Water Cooling Coolant (32 oz.) Blood Red 944ml (30081)

Artic silver will be used to connect the CPU to the water block

Sound Insulation: Phobya 200 x 330mm Sound Insulation Mat

Total Price: Roughly £1,600

Is everythink in order there ect?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: magnetmagmaa

It is important that when you build a computer that the components compliment each other so that you have a balanced machine performance wise.

In order for us to advise you correctly we need to know what the computers main intended use will be.

Some pointers on your list of components;

SSD: Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

This capacity is not large enough and should be increased to at least 120-128GB as this will allow for the many updates that will be released in the future.

BlueRay player: LITE-ON Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Internal 12x BD Combo Model iHES212-08 LightScribe Support

BlueRay burner: ASUS Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM 8MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS

Why do you want to purchase 2 devices when you can buy a single unit that will both play and burn BR disks.

If you use anything other than the heatsink and cooling fan supplied with a CPU it will invalidate your warranty, Intel are clear on this;

• damage to the Product due to external causes, including accident, problems with electrical power, abnormal electrical, mechanical or environmental conditions, usage not in accordance with product instructions, misuse, neglect, alteration, repair, improper installation, or improper testing

Full article @ http://www.intel.com...b/cs-009862.htm

Other things to note are 1: There is no case listed and 2: There is no operating system listed, what will you be using?

magnetmagmaa

magnetmagmaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

This capacity is not large enough and should be increased to at least 120-128GB as this will allow for the many updates that will be released in the future.

Even if it is only used to run a few startup programs such as windows and windows 7 will be my operating system!

Why do you want to purchase 2 devices when you can buy a single unit that will both play and burn BR disks.

What one would i have to buy to do both???

If you use anything other than the heatsink and cooling fan supplied with a CPU it will invalidate your warranty, Intel are clear on this;

I understand this and i am willing to take this risk

Other things to note are 1: There is no case listed and 2: There is no operating system listed, what will you be using?

The case is a: Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 800D CC800DW Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

and the operating system will be windows 7 64bit home edition! :D

and the computer will be used by multiple people but mostly Gaming and media

Sorry if this is really basic stuff but i am an absolute amatuer.

Edited by magnetmagmaa, 03 July 2012 - 04:00 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
The SSD should be used for the OS and any other important programs such as your anti virus software and your favourite game, it will not take Windows updates long to fill up the SSD on their own, see the blog @ http://www.zdnet.com...wn-to-size/2941 cost and inconvenience should also be considered 64GB M4 SSD = £58.00 http://www.amazon.co...G/?tag=pcp0f-21 128GB M4 SSD £84.99 http://www.amazon.co...A/?tag=pcp0f-21 once the smaller SSD was full you would need to upgrade it and this will not only mean more financial outlay but also opening up your case needlessly and risking possible damage.

Sony Blu Ray read/writer http://www.cclonline...fpLup1jB0Ek.6_Q

I for my part have ensured that you were aware of the CPU warranty issue and of course the final choice is yours.

Nice case, sensible choice of your operating system, you do not need anywhere near 32GB of Ram for your planned use as 8GB is the sweet spot for your OS and the cash saved would be better used to improve your video card - the same goes for the add on audio card, modern MBs have very good 8 channel integrated audio chips so consider a set of top quality speakers instead.

I can put you a list of parts together for you to look over if you like.

magnetmagmaa

magnetmagmaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Yes Please i would very much apreciate that!

Also that sony bluray read/write does it come with the needed software aswell?

Edited by magnetmagmaa, 04 July 2012 - 03:41 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/boAl we can swap parts to suit if need be.

I could not find any info about the B/Ray software

Going off line now as I have an early start tomorrow.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi Phillpower2.
Looks like the burner is without software, comes up as, OEM, bulk, on many site and here, > http://uk.shopping.c...o-software/info also as Notebook, would it need an adapter to fit bay?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi iammykyl

Thanks for the heads up on the lack of software and you are of course correct it is an OEM device and it clearly states this on 2 alternative sites :blush:

I will double check the compatibility of the drive but PCPartpickers should only list devices compatible with your build should it not!

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

PCPartpickers should only list devices compatible with your build should it not!

Yes, and seems pretty foolproof. Tried, DDR2 RAM first, then Mobo, only lists compatible boards. Tried, E/ATX Mobo, then case, only shows compatible.
Tried 128GB RAM, showed just one Mobo.
I think we can trust it.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thanks for the additional information Michael :thumbsup:

As a precautionary measure an alternative B/R burner http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B0075WEPJI and free burning software http://www.imgburn.com/ please take note of the copyright laws as mentioned by the author of the software LIGHTNING UK.

magnetmagmaa

magnetmagmaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Thanks for all your help guys this topic is concluded and the build will be continuing here: http://www.geekstogo..._1#entry2174690 any help/opinion will be greatly appreciated :D

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thanks for the update magnetmagmaa :thumbsup: