Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Inspiron 1525 won't start!

• Please log in to reply

tashap56

tashap56

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an older dell inspiron 1525 (windows vista) and its never really given me problems starting up until this week. At first the battery light was orange and even though it was plugged in it wouldn't start up. Then I took out the battery and unplugged it and then put it all back and tried again with no luck. After researching online I found that if I unplug it, take out the battery, and hold down the power button for 30 seconds then plug it in and turn it on it begins to start but then the screen goes white and it stops starting up. I can actually hear it die out and then nothing! Help! I just want to get it up n running one more time so I can get all my photos and important files off of it. 😓

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Sounds like the motherboard is going bad. The simple way to access your data is to put the hard drive in a external enclosure and hook it up to another computer and transfer everything you want to save to the computer.

SRX660

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I agree with my colleague, as you might expect.

The other possibility is I think the power supply, either the external or the internal power circuits, and that is possibly indicated by the battery apparently not charging

As has been said - get your data and then if you can borrow another power supply and try that.

I do not think it is worthwhile purchasing one as the problem may indeed be, as said, the motherboard