That second link you gave me has a newer version then the first link by the way.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I will look into that...Backup the Registry:Modifying the Registry can create unforeseen problems, so it always wise to create a backup before doing so.
Please navigate to Start(Windows 7 Orb)
>> All Programs
>> right click on ERUNT
and select Run as Administrator
- Click on OK within the pop-up menu.
- In the next menu under C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT\DD-MM-YYYY under Backup options make sure both the following are selected:
- System registry
- Current user registry
- Next click on OK
- When the Question pop-up appears click on Yes
- After a short duration the Registry backup is complete! popup will appear
- Now click on OK. A backup has been created.
If you have uninstalled ERUNT since we last used it, please inform myself before proceeding any further.Re-scan with AdwCleaner:
Panda Online Scan:
- Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select Run as Administrator to launch the application.
- Now click on the Delete tab.
- Please post the contents of the logfile created in your next post.
Use Internet Explorer for the below please...Windows 7 users:
You will need to to right-click on the IE in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator
from the context menu.
Now please go here
to run Panda's ActiveScan
- Once you are on the Panda site, click the Scan your PC button
- A new window will open...select the option Quick scan then click on the Scan Now button <-- Allow all the UAC(User Access Control prompts)
- Allow the ActiveX control to be installed. It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan. Note: This may take a couple of minutes
- Run the ActiveX control, if requested. The screen will then show the scanning progress - the scan will take a while to finish. Please be patient.
- When the scan has finished, click on Export To
- Save the file as Activescan.txt to your Desktop
- Close the Activescan window then go to your Desktop
- Double-click on Activescan.txt and it will open in Notepad
- In Notepad, click Edit > Select all, then Edit > Copy
- Reply to this thread and click Ctrl+V to paste the log in your reply
When completed the above, please post back the following in the order asked for:
- How is your computer performing now, any further symptoms and or problems encountered?
- New AdwCleaner Log.
- ActiveScan Log.