Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help recovering old wanadoo password re: transferring xbox gamer tag H

• Please log in to reply

jennifred

jennifred

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi there, my name is Jen and I am trying desperately to help my son - a serious xbox live gamer - to set up his new xbox. He's been on xbox live for around 6 years and has just got a new machine. When asked for his live ID he came unstuck as he still has the same email address registered on there from years ago (a wanadoo one) which we only had for a few months. Hence we can't remember the password. He's spoken at length to xbox support team, filled out the account recovery forms numerous times and is not getting anywhere. Don't tell him I said, but he is heartbroken. As his adoring Mum I just want to help and wondered if you clever guys could suggest any ways to get round this. Wanadoo haven't existed for years and were taken over by Orange who from what i've heard aren't helpful unless you're a customer (we're not) Help please !! Thanks so much, Jen :-)

Edited by jennifred, 05 July 2012 - 10:06 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Due to the fact that we cannot verify the truthfulness of your request, we cannot offer any other help to recover any passwords for any system. You may very well be asking for legitimate help in a legitimate situation but we cannot be sure of this. For all we know you could be a child trying to get into a parent's account or worse, someone trying to gain access to information that you have been explicitly denied access to by someone of higher authority.

you've basically done the official options that we can help you with (contacting XBox Live support directly)

If you have any problems with this please contact a Moderator or an Admin...

jennifred

jennifred

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, If there is any way I can prove I am who I say I am I'll happily do it. I just don't know what else to do and am incredulous that when so many people are apparently having exactly the same problem Microsoft haven't done something about this before. There seems to be little in place to help people in this situation. If you can think of any advice you can give me then please do or my son will lose all the stuff he's built up over years. Thanks, Jen

jennifred

jennifred

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
PS I don't believe you're Napoleon either!!! :-)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
either contact microsoft or contact orange (http://web.orange.co...ing_in_to_email). they're the only ones that can recover the password or reset it.

jennifred

jennifred

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
OK thanks for finding that link. I'll give it a go. Jen :-)