Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Boots up - Screen doesnt come on!

• Please log in to reply

smudeagle

smudeagle

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi all,

Looking for some help. I switch on the PC the light flashes and the fans spin but the monitor does'nt come on. No beeps, nothing.

I've tested the monitor and it works fine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ali

PS. Some basic system info is below:

The processor is Pentium ® 4 CPU 3.40GHz
3.37 RAM
XP

Advertisements

MichaelWalls

MichaelWalls

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I also have the same problem. Any one can help us please?

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
If you tested the screen and it works then you should check your video card.

What kind do you have: PCI-E/AGP Integrated or both (Integrated + PCI-E/AGP)

Try switching your addon card with a known good working one or try it in another conputer.

If you have an addon card and the option of Integrated video and want to try the integrated make sure to take out the addon card before trying it.

If you tried your addon card in another computer and it works but it does not work in your computer it may mean a faulty PCI-E/AGP slot but could also mean a faulty PSU (Power Supply) not able to send enough power to initialize your Addon video card.

Motherboard model or computer model (like Dell... HP... ect) would help for any further assistance

Hope that helps

Edited by Alzeimer, 05 July 2012 - 09:52 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

I also have the same problem. Any one can help us please?

MichaelWalls

Please do not hijack another members topic as it can cause confusion as to who is being offered what guidance.

Start your own topic and we will help you there;

In your own topic please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

smudeagle

smudeagle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
@ Alzeimer

OK thanks. To be brutally honest I have no idea what type of video crad I have and dont have another one to swap out with.

Sounds like a trip to the computer shop for assistance for me...