Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus that will prevent internet connection starting Monday?

• Please log in to reply

nathdep

nathdep

• PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
I was watching Fox News just a few minutes ago and they mentioned that there is malicious software that has been installing itself for a year on more than 64,000 computers. They said most people do not know that they are infected and that the virus will prevent internet connection starting Monday. They advised that people should go to dcwg.org to see if their computer is infected or not.

Has anyone heard anything about this or dcwg.org? I would think it would be reliable since it has been on national news but I don't know for sure.

What do you think?

Also, please forgive me for any spelling errs as I used my cell phone to type this.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would suggest GTG malware techs over any other site online. ;) :cool: :whistling: :thumbsup:

nathdep

nathdep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

I would suggest GTG malware techs over any other site online. ;) :cool: :whistling: :thumbsup:

I agree! I found it weird that Fox News would be advising people to go to a specific site as if it is so hard to rid this infection from a computer and this site is the only solution. I'm sure that any of the techs here would be more qualified than some weird site!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Malware, Tech, Mods and Admins have been discussing this all day about the possibility of a influx of topics starting Monday with this issue.

invisigoth

invisigoth

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
it will just be the next big scare i still remember how bird flu was gonna knock us all of its just to sell papers if you ask me

blueblue

blueblue

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Whatever fox news says, I take with less than a grain of salt. Most their reports are opinion, not fact. Whatever the source, there's always rumors circulating, hoaxes, etc. Please don't just believe one source, look into others, then decide for yourself. Even credible sources aren't always accurate. Don't just take my word for it, or anyone elses.

As for recommending this site, I know I would. :thumbsup:

abhnav

abhnav

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the info , but wanna tell that if there is a problem then there will be solution also :)